Thoughts on buying another kayak for

I second the 400
Had a scupper pro which was a decent fishing kayak and a perception vizcaya that was stable and resonably fast. But the QCC400x is faster, more responsive and effortless to paddle. I have a fishing rod holder behind seat and troll to fishing spots. I can easily turn around and grab the rod without the boat feeling tippy. The cockpit is roomy for a touring boat because of the peaked foredeck. The best part is that it weighs 42lbs in kevlar and that makes it easy to car top and carry over one shoulder to launch site.

The Scout for sale isn’t the one Walden
sold rigged for fishing, so don’t know if it has the ice chest. The guy wants $300 and includes a Werner paddle. I use an Aquabound carbon shaft, plastic blade paddle. I’ve heard that Werner makes a good paddle, but don’t know which model he’s including. Think I can get the kayak for 250, maybe less. The paddle doesn’t matter, except either it or my current paddle could become may backup, depending on which is better. Its not selling because he only advertised it on a primarily salt water, SOT oriented forum. Says he’s not worried about selling it soon and will wait until after the first of the year, unless he gets an offer, before advertising elsewhere.

Velocity
I looked up the Velocity now Voyager and the Riot Voyager. The Sun and the Riot have very different specs. Why did they name them both Voyager? Confusing. The Sun looks like it would make a good boat for fishing as well as other things and I believe the price includes shipping. The weight differential of 9 lbs is considerable between the 2 boats as is the 1.5" difference in beam. That hull does look radical.

Mine is the Sun Velocity

– Last Updated: Dec-02-05 10:02 AM EST –

Thanks for the tip on the different names and specs for Sun and Riot Velocity. All of those names at least started from the original company, not sure what's up but am curious. Since I bought mine I've just used it and not followed what has happened.

The bulgy deck ahead of the cockpit looks sort of like a whtewater boat and gives a boodle of room inside. It is designed to raise and brace your knees inside. I've always thought that it looks like a large volume whitewater boat in the middle and a sea kayak on both ends. Whatever, it sure is sweet to paddle, portage and fish from. I even got talked into filling in for someone on a team Iron Man race, and chose to paddle my Velocity instead of my lighter Cascade kayak. We were recreation class and I thought there would be at least some rec boats. Not a chance: Painful, and funny memory of paddling against sea kayaks and Aussie racing sleds. On top of that I was about ten hours off of a flight from Singapore, in a jet lagged stupor. Yep, it was embarrassing but I'm grinning at the fun it was with my team of nephews, one of whom truly is an Iron Man. I sagged us to last and he pulled us on his leg to near the front. Hey, for the first mile and a half, I beat about a dozen sea kayaks. Maybe even 2 miles.

Sundance 12
I too have a Sundance 12. There isn’t a better yak for fishing out of. HUGE cockpit, sealed rear bulkhead. Tons of room for storage

Loon 138…
…I have one. Boringly stable, which is a nice

feature for a fishing platform.

Sit-On Kayak
Prowler 13 sounds just what you’re looking for.

Fast & very stable. I bought mine last year & have paddled rivers, lakes & even rounded Hell’s Mouth (north Devon) with ease. It rides / surfs the waves brilliantly too.

I use mine as a snorkling platform but the angler version sounds it’s probably your preferred choice. About £500 or less (Got mine at Desperate Measures from Nottingham).

Just come back from NEC show & was bowled over by the Pelican sit-on. Visit the site

www.kayakuk.com

A little more expensive but these would go like a rocket!

I’m almost certainly going to get one too…don’t tell the wife.

Hope this helps.

I’m based in Loughborough…You could have a go on mine if you’re close.

Cheers Rob F