Some Additional Comments
I haven’t written my review yet, but I agree with all of the above. I’ve had my Nighthawk 16 for a couple of years. Here’s some additional comments:
- I got to try the latest model which has this really cool design for the foot braces. There’s a little lever on each side within easy reach that releases and locks the foot braces so you can adjust them with your feet. I say this because if you decide to buy new, you may want to make sure you get the latest model so you get this nice feature.
- the NightHawk comes with a pretty liberal 3 year warranty for you to consider when deciding new vs. used.
- The Night Hawk tends to ride on top of the waves rather than punching through them. She also likes to surf and will take off on a wave with little provocation (yee hah!)
- Carrying the Night Hawk solo takes a bit of getting used to. I found it kind of has a “sweet spot” and once you find it, it’s very easy to carry.
- I know I’ve said this before, but, when I got my first roll in pool class in a ww boat, I took a rolling clinic with the Night Hawk soon after and found it just as easy to roll as the ww boat. I had no trouble getting on the back of the boat when doing a paddlefloat self rescue.
- The only maintenance I’ve done is to hose it down throroughly after each use, and it stays good as new.