Tips for my first Kayak Lesson

Everything included
The instruction includes the kayak and everything else because I do not own anything yet. I did however pick up a Thule fit kit and 881 Top Deck Kayak Saddle. I think I might go buy a PDF today.

ok
have breakfast. Don’t put suntan lotion above your eyes, if you have valuable glasses then tether them, relax, have fun, relaxed hands.

an honest man
the owner of the shop was playing straight with you—really depends on what type of paddling you want to do—if White water then a different, probably less expensive boat than touring===I noticed the boats you mentioned are so called recreational boats—if you do buy one of these and plan to paddle further than you would care to swim, make sure you purchase flotation bags, one for the stearn and one for the bow—they wont support your weight and allow for your rentry if they don’t have additional floatation–or better yet buy a regular tourning kayak with for and aft hatches

pfd
is a real good idea

Update
Well I had my lesson yesterday. The first lesson was cancelled due to illness. I can barely move today, its very hard work. The first 2 hours were very tough jut could not get the hang of it and for the life of me had a difficult time turning the boat left. I was fighting the boat most of the day but near the end of the day I did realize that leaning a bit forward and keeping my strokes closer to the sides of boat made it run much straighter. We practiced assisted rescues and kinds of different strokes, it was a blast but it was harder than I thought. I’m hoping to try out Percptions Sundance 12 but not for a few weeks.