To reDog or not.

No dogs in the house because they have needs that my schedule could not meet, always have had cats because of the wonder of kitty litter.

But I like dogs tremendously and have found ways to keep them in my life, at least until the recent shut downs. I have done some puppy socialization at a place that breeds German Shepherds and needs them little ones to leave for new homes used to women. And to know how to climb stairs. I used to be able to take out the adult dogs for walks too which I loved but an older volunteer was an idiot and they had to stop that. But I do get time with the moms when I let them back in after doing the puppy stuff.

If you can find some place that will allow this, I highly recommend it.

I had some major faves when I was doing more pet sitting, and the transition I ran into may be more manageable for you. The owner of the service had a second child and cut back around the same time that some of my favorite older dogs started to go from old age. I tried for a bit but was glad of her cutting back the service - the young ones that people got when they did get another dog were major jerks compared to the old guys that I had a relationship with.

The other thing I have thought about if I ran out of other options was to walk dogs at a local no kill shelter. It takes advantage of two things I can do, size up a dog fairly quickly and figure out how to get to a basic relationship.

I have the same problem coming, though several years down the road, with cats. My rational brain says these two should be my last. Whether I will be able to hold to that is anyone’s guess.

Comes a time when you have to face reality and realize you are on your last cat.

And a bunch of other things.

When I was single there were no new animals. Now there is a new retriever that can’t stay out of the water. . I think cats and dogs come with wives.

Good swimmers. The vests are more for visibility and training.

I love dogs. We can barely get by with 3. We lost our male Welsh Corgi last year, and replaced him within a week. Dogs are important. Get another one.