took my annual swim

4th and 5th swim of the year…
on Saturday - one swim is never enough.

Maybe Class III on the vid.

Up to swim number 6
Yesterday at the play hole on the Pemi in Bristol NH - not much of a play spot yesterday -at least for me.

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/1178/

Got myself and my boat to shore with no problem - my self rescue skills are in tact.

think about all that you accomplished
you got to test out the flotation of your lifejacket

you got to see how waterproof your drysuit is

you got to see how well your boat floats full of water

and you got to practice your self preservation skills!

Dang…
I missed Bob’s swim also. We don’t get so many opportunities to see either Bob or Pete do a swim. Its a shame to miss these rare chances.

Just curious - Bob, it was that spot just above Pulltite after pyramid rock, wasn’t it? I did it twice and ran Linty into that same log (I’m thinking) on the first run. Didn’t go over, Prospectors be praised, but she ended up flat on the bottom of the boat. While we were getting straightened out Tom, that weasel, just floated lazily down a third (cheat) path that I hadn’t even seen and which rejoined the river below that offensive tree.

If it makes you feel any better, the next day I filled the Prospector up in two feet of perfectly flat water with nary a rock to be seen.

I was heeling from the kneeling thwart with my knees spread rather than in the chine. My butt lost traction on the thwart and I just slid into the gunwale and filled her up. Never done that before but there, by golly, it was… felt kind of nice actually. I didn’t get my head or left side wet, so I’m still in need of rebirth. I suppose I’ll have to go back to church and try again.