If it ain’t porous
And is incapable of holding on to any substance that you put on it, then why do I have to scrub so hard to get some types of mud/dirt off my kayak? Shouldn’t it simply slide right off when immersed in water, without the application of even water pressure?

Armor All is Anti-Armor All for kayaks
Hey, here we go!

Here is the scoop from Armor All:

Reference Number: 4254184

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for contacting us about Armor All Protectant - Original. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

We would not recommend that you use this product on a plastic boat. There are two reasons, the first is it is not waterproof and it will streak and the second is that many boat manufacturers treat the boats with something that may react with the silicone in the protectant. Please contact us at any time if you have additional questions.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Patti Copper

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

Skin is porous/is non-porous
Birth control patch on skin? Porous (I hope!)

Skin slathered with Scotch? Non-porous. (I gotta drink my Scotch to get my money’s worth.)

Since skin is pourous, if I stick my feet in a bucket of wine, will I get a buzz on, ya know…from absorbing it? Answer: Yes, to a small degree you will. Hence the many topical medications on the market.

You have a great point about calling the company, stickman. Maybe they can explain 303. Maybe.

I bet if you soaked in a bathtub of it
You’d get drunk. Expensive experiment, though.

Nah, they can buy Thunderbird. About
as good as some need as they can’t tell the difference between a good and bad wine. Just remember to gather the grape peels before letting the wine out of the tub, they’ll clog the drain.

Works fine on Royalex, and lasts
longer than 303.

I’ve never used 303…
I HAVE used Armor All. I’ve also used a similar product, something like “Teflon Protectant”, on all my Royalex boats. I’ve also used car wax on them. It all seems to work very well. I leave mine stored upside down on a rack built onto the south side of the house, so they are out in the sun much of the day and much of the year. I don’t care much what they look like, but I want some UV protection, protection from the elements. However, probably the biggest reason I treat them is because I do so much paddling and fishing on very shallow, bony streams, and the stuff makes them slide over rocks and logs so much better. I’ve never had a problem with leaving an oil slick after using Armor All or the Teflon Protectant, and the improved appearance lasts for a couple of months, the improved slickness of the hull lasts at least that long. I’ve got one Royalex canoe (my first of two Penobscots) that is going on 15 years old, has skid plates almost worn through, gouges and scratches all over the bottom…yet it still works and the vinyl still seems to be in pretty good condition.

stickman sells lots of 303
and advocates its use.

Hmm. Go figure.