Travel cover for a canoe: does it help for cartopping?

Bud,… Just something to say in the nicest way… people who buy boat bags generally paddle higher end watercraft.

3 Likes

Not really for storing, just transporting…

1 Like

I’m not saying that float bags or comfy seats are an invitation to mildew! Just that things probably dry faster without them. :slight_smile:

(My kayak is inflatable. I suspect float bags would be redundant. The canoe? I don’t think it would accomplish anything. The manufacturer only recommends them for WW, which this canoe and its users are totally unsuitable for. We don’t paddle anywhere that we can’t abandon the boat and swim (or walk) to shore. If we take it into the ocean or a decent-sized lake, we will certainly re-evaluate things.)

But yup, a cover would be for transporting, not storing. It wouldn’t be a big hassle for us–we would be car camping. I do see how it could be a pain in the rear for daily use, though. And I don’t even care about the bugs. I just want to reduce that wind whooshing into the canoe if possible.

With sea kayaks with a cockpit cover or canoes carried upside down, I don’t really recall anyone complaining about noise from the boats themselves. Most complaints seem to be about the racks or the straps.

May be dependent on the vehicle.

1 Like