Water in bulkhead

Right!
I have one dry bag. And a couple gallon zip lock bags…for now. I need to build my accessories.

Also I apply sunblock but I keep getting burned. I need to solve that one too.

Redoux
OK - maybe your hatches should be fully dry and take it back to the seller… I can name certain models or whole lines of boats (plastic and composite) that have tended to sell quite robustly with a known problem of leaks from hatch covers, skeg fittings and poorly seated or unsealed hardware. In most cases they are boats I’ve paddled and seen around a good bit.

But apparently there is also considerable opinion that these events should not be tolerated by a new owner, so I may be all wet. Pun intended - one of the not unusual culprits is the huge arse rear oval hatch on my Vela. I can keep it totally dry with a maintenance routine that is way too obsessive - 303 and full cleanup around the rim after every paddle. Dry bags and accepting the half cup of water is an easier solution.

On a related note
my hubby’s kayak bulkeads are shot. Wilderness Systems Shenai. 1993 and the foam has cracked all the way around an inch in.

Any suggestions? I am thinking the bulkheads ought to both be replaced.

He refuses to replace the boat. We did replace the Valley Hatches two months ago so thats not where the water is coming in, and the hull does not leak. It seems to be coming from cockpit way and the edges are sealed with Lexel…but he has this big ring around the bulkhead where the foam seems to have parted company with itself leaving a thin area of foam

Sounds like new bulkheads to me NM

Any recommendations as to where
to get this done? All I can think of nearby is Lincoln in Freeport.

Rudder cable leaks?
Same topic but I have a WS Tsunami with a rudder installed. How do you seal up the rudder cable entry area? How is that supposed to work?

Well,…
if there were lots of choices around I’d still suggest you go there. We were through there last fall. The new owner is a great guy, and they are still doing the repair side of things quite actively. I think Sandy may still be involved in that part, not sure. Mostly what the new guy did was to bring up the outfitting, lessons and shop side more than Sandy had the time to do. It’s a happy turn of events.