Water Purifier

Clogging Filters
chodups:

The reason your Sweatwater clogs faster is because it has a faster output of water than the MSR. You mentioned that pumping the MSR is harder but you get clogging at a slower pace. Best way to cut down on clogging (Note: you can not prevent it in silted water) is to put more prefilters on the intake and give the silted water time to settle out some of the silt in it before you pump it. That is why I suggest setting the water aside in some container for an hour before pumping it. Like I said in my first post be sure you always have a prefilter screen on any filter and use either cheeze cloth or a woven cotton cloth over the prefilter when pumbing. It will slow down the pumping and make it harder but will also lenghten the time between cleaning the filter with a brush.

In really silted water like the Missouri System you are really better off to just bring five gal. of water along and forget pumping. The SteriPEN eliminates the problem of clogging filters, but it sure doesn’t take the grit out of the water and make it taste drinkable.

Hope my answer helps!

Murph