Wenonah Wee Lassie

Hi Sissy
I live in Boca Raton and there is a dealer just south who has a Wee Lassie. From Ocala the drive is about 4.5 hours. The dealer is Kayak Jeff in Pompano and he does let you test drive. He has a large selection of touring kayaks as well as Wenonah canoes.

Paddling clubs
mostly paddle on weekends. There is one group I paddle with occasionally on Tuesdays, so that might work. They decide each Tuesday where they are going to paddle the next week, so it would be April 7 before the destination for April 14 would be set.

Where have you paddled in central Florida, and is there any particular river you have in mind? If you’re staying in Apopka, you’ll be close to the Wekiva, Rock Springs Run, Alexander Creek, Juniper, Econlockhatchee, Ocklawaha, Silver River, Blackwater Creek and Lake Norris, St. Johns River. I’d paddle any of those with you.

Hi Groovymanatee,
Thanks for the info; it is good to know there is at least one Wee Lassie in our state.

Have you tried…
Canoe Country Outiftters in Tampa? I can’t imagine they don’t have one to try.

Trip Update:

I’ve pushed my trip out till the next week. I will be at Mosquito Creek on Saturday 4/18 and then stay around central Florida and paddle for a couple days (through Tuesday). I’ve never paddled in the area before. I’m banking on advice from locals like you.

Rob

Thanks!
I wasn’t aware of them. They not only have a used Wee Lassie, but a couple of kayaks that I’ve been wanting to try. I emailed them to see if a demo is possible.

I can paddle with you the 20th or 21st, or both. Rock Springs Run is my personal favorite stream; I would be happy to go there, or any of the others I mentioned.

Canoe Country
does have a Wee Lassie, and at a good price, but not to demo.

Looking forward to trying the Tupper.

spec compaison.
Email me at charliewilson610@roadrunner.com and I’ll return a spec comparison sheet in Word including all available pack canoes.

Hooray, I get to paddle
a Tupper on Saturday—first light weight solo canoe I’ve been able to demo, thanks to Openboater coming to Mosquito Creek Outdoors in Apopka.

Other central Floridians wanting to demo, this is your chance, from 11 to 4.