Werner Corryvreckan Carbon vs. Ikelos

Johny - You can feel free to drop that lonely ol’ carbon Corry off at my house. And your latter comments on the two paddles are consistent with my impressions.

I like the smooth back of the Ikelos when bracing.

what would be the advantage of Corry in CF vs. FG besides a little stiffness? Neither will float correct?

The CF is a touch lighter, but when surfing or rock gardening, I’m too focused to notice the difference. Both the CF and FG Corry will float because of the hollow sealed shaft and the hollow stiffening rib on the back of the blades. They just don’t have the buoyant foam core that makes the blade “want” to float like the Ikelos.

have to try my Shuna that’s fiberglass to float it. Didn’t appear to float as I remember but I have not really used it in 4-5 years. I will tie a line to it and see. Probably get corry in FG then as it’s cheaper with no real disadvantage for what I do. Shape on the back should be the same. thanks!

I don’t believe anyone mentioned the Epic Relaxed Touring-Full Carbon paddle. Just about the same dimensions as the Ikelos by an ounce lighter. I can get cadence up better on that paddle than the Ikelos. Had a Cyprus as a back-up to the Epic & Ikelos…I primarily use a 210cm Cyprus as my main paddle now. Nice compromise…I really do enjoy the Epic as a treat when I do use it for short touring trips6-10miles…

@Seadddict said:
Johny - You can feel free to drop that lonely ol’ carbon Corry off at my house. And your latter comments on the two paddles are consistent with my impressions.

Someday I’ll make it out to the Santa Cruz surf fest. Getting an ic boat, think it’ll be best for the waves we get in my area, although it was a toss up between a good surf sup and an ic boat. Was planning on selling that paddle, but the one piece with a 15 degree feather might make it hard to find the right buyer, and it’s a pain to drag around. If I ever get out there I’ll bring it out if you’re interested.

Oh shoot. I forgot you said one piece. Yeah, 15 degree isn’t for me. Sorry bud.

@Seadddict said:
Oh shoot. I forgot you said one piece. Yeah, 15 degree isn’t for me. Sorry bud.

Yup, that’s why it’s collecting dust…

I go 30*

1 Like

I’m paddling zero now, but doesn’t take too much to get used to 15.

cut it and add a ferrule…

Gday PaddleDoggy…I have an Ikelos 210cm that is in excellent shape sitting in my family room. I used it once—maybe two times—and it doesn’t even have a scratch on it. I have been using my Epic 210-15 and Cyprus 205 as my main paddles. I was thinking that I would like a 205 Ikelos rather than using my 210cm…would you consider trading if your paddle is in decent shape???

Pitmartin: check the posting dates on board messages before you respond. I suspect that the original poster resolved his paddle choices long ago (March of 2017.)

I don’t know why these vintage “zombie posts” keep popping up from the depths of the site archives but they seem to come in waves and recently we have seen a bunch of them.

1 Like