WET RE-ENTRY FOR KAYAKS

Means less water
Having the inside of a boat (especially like this on) filled up is a good thing, as it means less water to get out of it in the case of a dump. Suggestion for specific ways to do that though - there are bags made that both serve as floatation and have space for carrying stuff. Given the desirability of increasing the flotation in this boat, you may want to look for that kind of storage bag for things like clothes, first aid kit etc.

float bags are
good, but JackL I must disagree. I can self rescue if I don’t get too much water in my 9’ rec. boat.

AAAWWWW!! You said “rec boat” on p.net.

– Last Updated: May-25-05 9:28 AM EST –

Are you trying to get yourself killed??!!
Rec boat? Rec boat? You are a nobody & shouldn't be here... :o I'll cover you, run!! RUN!!

I'm Coffee & I am trying to (run Northman, run...) add to my post count (run, while you still have a chance). HAHAHA Post count, that still cracks me up.....

Paddle easy,

Coffee

ROTFLMAO

I Respectfuly Disagree
The big difference between an Inflatable and a tighty cockpit WW hard boat is the affect of lean, leg push, and body english. I have yet to paddle a non rigid nor loose cockpitted boat that responded to the sublties of lower body boat control.

As well a non rigid hull reacts much differently to current and rock collisions than a solid hulled boat. The inflatables are a lot more forgiving on boff maneuvers but often flex more and are harder to carve lines with.

I agree that many of the same river reading, and stroking skills are the same.

More Practice
Hey all, I took the kayak camping with me this past weekend to Red Top Mountain State Park; home of the beautiful Lake Allatoona in Northern GA. I had a wonderful time, but there was much work to be done. Aside from setting up camp and gathering my firewood, I wanted to spend an extended amount of time working on my kayak skills. I found a nice little cove by my campsite was the perfect setting for my training. I am still unable to re-enter the kayak after it has filled with water, it just wants to roll upside down. However I could easily paddle it like a surfboard back to shore if the situation called for a self rescue. I also tried something many people probably don’t think about; I jumped out of my kayak, just jumped out of it. The boat didn’t flip or fill with water, just floated off a few feet, I really didn’t know if that type of maneuver was possible or even practical, but I thought it would be fun to try. I was also able to re-enter the kayak in open water with no assistance, using the cowboy style of re-entry. Just simply worked my way up the back of the boat until I reached the cockpit, and then placed both feet in the boat at the same time. I had a great time learning what I can and can’t do in my yak, and understand that there are many things I need to work on.

HAPPY PADDLIN,

cgbjdc77