Wetsuit and underwear

SOLD check your e-mail

Hydroskin is not the same.
Hydroskin in water temps below 60 for any length of tme is not going to keep you warm. By wetsuit most people mean at least 3/2 neoprene full suit.

fuzzy rubber
I was assisting an instructors course where the water was 48degrees. Nearly everyone was wearing 3mm wetsuits with one or two drysuits. I thought one woman had fuzzy rubber over hyroskin,turns out she was wearing just fuzzy rubber. Brrrr…you’re right, Hydroskin is minimal stuff.

Fuzzy rubber as immersion wear
I have 2 Farmer Janes in Polartec’s version of fuzzy rubber. The tag said they were as warm as 2- to 3-mm neoprene. They are, as long as you’re NOT in the water!

In the water, they just let too much water flow through. Not stretchy/tight enough. I don’t think they’re as thick when wet, either. The inner fleecy stuff gets compressed, unlike neoprene.

They are fantastic as wind barriers and rainwear but not for actually being in/under water.

If you had 3mm neoprene with a fuzzy lining laminated to it, that would be different. I like the soft lining in the chest section of my full wetsuit.

Hydroskin & Fuzzy Rubber Marketing Is

– Last Updated: Feb-27-08 4:41 PM EST –

crock! No way they are equivilent to 2.5/3 mm neo. My 2 mil neo shorty suit is warmer than hydroskin or fuzzy rubber and COST WAY LESS! Hydroskin and Fuzzy rubber should be considered underlayer and NOT immersion wear.

Farmer John/janes are also BS as wetsuits. They are neo "paddling (splash) wear."

Of course, I say the above as a year-round northeast surf paddler. Location and venue make a difference in how I look at wetsuits.

sing

OK for Spring and Fall in So California
Hydroskin works OK for water temps in the low 60s. I use a farmer john most the time when I am seakayaking. I wear a hydroskin top for cool summer mornings too.

Ut Oh, hydro is not poly? Can’t use it.

wear extra over the wet suit
My wet suit is coldest when I am not in the water (most of the time) I find that layers over it work best for me.

Isofleece
Is about the same. Pretty much useless.

My husband…
puts a t-shirt & undies on under his wetsuit. It’s pretty tight to where on a nickel, you can see the hair on the buffalo:)

Talk about smelly neophrene, don’t go near my kayaking footwear. I hose them down after useage, but alas, they are still a bit stinky. I think I’ll put them in the wash occasionally to make them smell better.

-Capri

not
the stink IMO comes from damp wetsuits not being allowed to thorougly dry. I second pika’s response.

Besides, I’m usually as fresh as a strawberry.

stop ruining my fantasies
(some of you)

Retraction
I will somewhat retract what I said then! The stink is really the scent of peonies on a sunny summer day:)

-Capri

Wet Suit
If you wear underwear under your wetsuit it takes the fun out of peeing in your wetsuit. Live a little! VF