..wetsuit fit- is it too tight..........

OK, here’s a small correction
Water in a wetsuit does rob you of more energy than it takes to heat it, as it conducts heat to the neoprene faster than air would. The drier a wetsuit is, the warmer it is. The reason they’re called wetsuits in not because they should have water in them or that they work better with water in them, it’s because they’re not guaranteed to keep water out.

I agree
I had the same concern and called NRS to ask. They said that if you can get it on at all, it’s not too tight.

rashguard
what’s the best source for rashguards? any thoughts?

rashguard
what’s the best source for rashguards? any thoughts?

I got a great rashguard at a super price
from a place called International Male. I don’t know if they are still in business but I still have the shirt. It’s something like 6-8 years old and still fits perfect.

Bnystrom is right!
If a wetsuit is too tight, circulation is cut off, and you get a throbbing sensation in the hands, feet, head. Snug but not tight is the best guide.

Tony

I got a great rashguard at a super price
from a place called International Male. I don’t know if they are still in business but I still have the shirt. It’s something like 6-8 years old and still fits perfect.

Try it!
I don’t think I saw the optimal suggestion … try it on in cold water!

As an avid snorkeler in Michigan waters, I can assure you that you do NOT want a wetsuit that is loose. Every air pocket will collect moving water in it = cold water. Your wetsuit should fit like long underwear, nice and snug.

Try it on for at least 30 minutes in the coldest water you plan to fall into and see how you feel.