What kayak am I missing...?

Flex it
I didn’t like the skeg system of the axis when i demoed it. It’s just a clunky piece of aluminum on a string.

You should check out the Venture Flex 11. Sounds perfect for what your looking for. I’d take it class II+ and with the skeg down it’ll do well on the lakes.

the Fusion!
that is one sweet hybrid. Narrower than the Liquid Logic and Axis, cockpit is proportionately narrower as well.

Fusion S if she’s a smaller paddler.

Paddles on a nice track (she still needs a good mostly vertical ww stroke for best results) and edges/rolls real easily. Betw. 30-40 lbs. easy to carry.

Connect 30 whitewater package has the low backband, more aggressive (adjustable) thigh braces to really dial in her fit. Foot plates instead of foot pegs.

That boat is fun! Next boat on my radar. It’ll be a blast on Michigan rivers and there’s plenty of room in the DRY rear bulkhead for weekenders.

Flex or Fusion
Both are really impressive boats. I own an Approach 10, and I’ve paddled the XP10 as well. I think any of the four could handle up to class II. The Approach is a little slower on open water than the others. Look for the best fit, and try to demo all sizes of each model before you purchase.