What to wear under the drysuit??

Why not
cotton sweats? It is a dry suit.

Sweat
The dry suit may keep the water out, but even with a “breathable” suit, you’re likely to sweat if it’s a bit warm and/or you’re paddling hard. Something that “wicks” and maintains insulating value when wet is better.

I second the Powerstretch
material. I have several tops by IR in 100 and 200 weight and bottoms by Lowe Alpine and Victorinox. All picked up on clearance/closout sales. I also like the Aquashell fabric which is Powerstretch on steroids. It sheds water (splash resistant) and wind. Mountainsurf used to make some nice fleece “wetsuits” from the material, but no longer does. Lochsa Connection makes some really nice Aquashell products nder the Otter Skin trade name. I like the stretch material better than regular fleece because it hugs your body and doesn’t bunch up.

Cheers,

~wetzool

I wear a Kokatat farmer john style
fleece drysuit liner. They don’t make it in the farmer john style anymore, which is too bad because it’s very flexible. I layer smart wool pants under it when it’s cold. I wear either capilene or smart wool as a base layer on top depending on temperature. And then sometimes I add a second smart wool top if it’s really cold.

What I like about the drysuit liner is that it has no gaps at the waist, and it has a drop seat that matches the one in my drysuit.