What would You do if this was your bow?

End pour or Valhalla
Even as a canoe it looks like it may take to an end pour of epoxy and cut up fiberglass.

First tape it up well. then stand it on end and do the end pour mixed with cut up fiberglass cloth. If the epoxy doesn’t take/adhere to the hull material (plastic), then pop it out rough it up (sand paper) add silicon between the end pour and hull, place the end pour back in place and then screw the end pour in place from outside of the hull.

If all else fails, save it for a Viking trip to Valhalla.

Enter it…
Enter it in an ugly canoe contest.

Make a planter, birdbath, or a sandbox out of it.

Use it for snow sledding.

Give it to a group that is going to do a swiftwater rescue class. They could use if for pinned boat/haul systems practice.

BOB

I would…
think towards new applications, as in flower-box…?

Fill & Fare with Plexus
Plexus will fill and bond that damage better than anything. You can buy it in two-part syringes at WalMart, Home Depot, etc… as Devcon Hight Strength Plastic Welder.

Fill carefully to minimize sanding. Start sanding before it fully cures for more effect.

Finish it off with Krylon Fusion (for plastics) spray paint, the color of your choice. Wet sand and buff.

Glass inside and outside
I am sure it could be fixed . . . if one were so inclined.

I made a really nice repair on an old Blue Hole (that had small holes on the stems and under one of the saddle placements). It seems really solid, but I haven’t had a full season to test it yer.

Good luck.

Pictures of the Whole Canoe
Mr. Pamlico_140,

I finally got around to putting up a few pictures of the canoe as it was when I brought it into the shop.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Echip2006/Chipewan/ChipewanB4.html

Enjoy,

Chip