When do you know it's time to let them go?

What a good dog she was for you… I hope another dog comes into your life at the right time

Thanks KM. We still have Lilly who looks like a Bishon but has the personality of a junk yard dog.

Take care Jim.

I’ll be fine. Death is just part of life for every living thing. I just want her to be comfortable and happy as long as she can.

@string said:
I’ll be fine. Death is just part of life for every living thing. I just want her to be comfortable and happy as long as she can.

Still hurts

Flip the question. Instead of asking whether it’s time to let her go, ask yourself “why not”? Is it for her sake or yours? In the former case, it isn’t time yet because there’s enough quality of life for her to be around still. In the latter case, you need to let go because it’s the kind and humane thing to do.

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

@string said:

Still hurts

Amen to that.

Update. Reina is on her 3rd round of antibiotics. Her appetite has improved a bit as long as it is meat. She was playing with our other dog for awhile today.

<3

That’s great. When my avatar Jake was sick with cancer I think we extended his life at least a year with all types of hand cooked roast beef and chicken and anything else like ice creams. God bless.

I’m no good at this stuff, but I’ve been thinking about you.

@Guideboatguy said:
I’m no good at this stuff, but I’ve been thinking about you.

I really appreciate it.

Reina left us today. She had stopped eating or drinking.
Thank you all for your support. We have had several great dogs, but she was the best.

@string said:
Reina left us today. She had stopped eating or drinking.
Thank you all for your support. We have had several great dogs, but she was the best.

Lilly will miss her sleeping buddy.

I’m so sorry, string.

I didn’t want to look in this thread. God bless.

Sorry

So sorry.

I know how this feels…y’all have my sympathy! Is there a puppy in your future?

Way too soon to tell. Puppies are a lot of work. Lilly is lost right now but she isn’t very friendly toward strange dogs. There is a young lab across the street she likes, so that will do for now.