Which Go-Pro to buy?

cheap durable video cam

– Last Updated: Mar-15-15 12:27 PM EST –

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1023459-REG/jvc_gz_r10aus2m_gz_r10_quad_proof_hd.html?gclid=CL_3ve3iqsQCFQ6MaQodEqgAuA

You can get them used for around $150. Waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, good optical zoom, decent image quality for the price.

Then there are the incredible, professional-quality videos people are putting out with their DSLRs.

Seems to me a combination of two or three types would give one the most flexibility and quality in putting a video together.

thanks for your input and link,
I ordered the jvc camera today. I’ve been playing a bit of russian roulette- stuffing my non waterproof sony handycam in my drysuit tunnel, whipping it out in the eddies and shooting class II and III rapids. I bought the service warranty that covers spills and drops for the jvc. I think this is the first service warranty I’ve purchased in 20 years. Not a big fan but in this situation there’s a good chance I’ll get my money’s worth. Thanks for the info.

Glad it was helpful. nt

Sony HDR-AZ1
I’ll second the Sony w/the remote control wrist band that has the built in screen. It’s a great little camera that shoots video and stills.

It’s less expensive than the comparable Go-Pro.