Which Rack to Buy

Bed Liners
I’m a little concerned with the Trac Rac and the Outdoorsman since I have a bed liner in my truck. Did any of you have to modify the bed liner? I have the one the dealer adds, the hard plastic bed liner.

2004 Tundra
Only the rails needed to be removed or modified for the Outdoorsman. The bedliner wasn’t touched. Now, I looked at my brothers Chevy and the liner would need cuting into to make the Outdoorsman work.

Bedliner
I don’t have a bedliner, but DO have the plastic bedrail “covers” that someone mentioned - the ones that run the length of the bed. The TracRac rail sits right on top with no problems. It attaches via expanding rubber blocks that fit in the stake holes rather than with any clamps or bolts on/under the truck bedrail, itself. For these reasons, I don’t think a bedliner (even one that comes over the top) would interfere with the TracRac at all.

Yakima
For me with the mount above the cab. At 6’2" The bar hits me in the head often enough to remind me of something I forgot - to duck mostly.

The J bolt set up make it a pain to remove quickly so it is on for good, great for ladders and hanging air hose and extension cords.

I put a tennis ball on the end of my
cab rack. Has saved me va few dings.

The bedrail cover…
The bedrail cover on my Tundra are designed as to not be very stable if something rest on top of it. The rail covers do not sit flush on the metal rail. They sit about 1/2 inch above the metal rail because of how it is designed. Hard to explain. Basically, there are air pockets between the plastic rail cover and the metal rail. Just my 2 pennies.

Rail cover mod…
I bought the stationary T-Rac and I had to cut a piece of poly of the same space thickness to pad-out under the cover, you aslo may need to remove a few ribs to fit a longer piece so it speads the load when clamped. I like the t-rac cuz its e z to load and you can put just about anything up there. I also made custom saddles that clamps on and off w/ the T-bolt knob set up, stainless + aluminum = no rust ray