Why is white on white important?

Yellow
Bar none the highest visibility on the water. The human eye is most sensitive to the yellow-green range of the spectrum. Since we can’t really use green because it can often blend with the background, we are left with yellow.

White can easily be lost in breaking water, though it certainly does have it’s practical advantages.

20 posts and not one…
…KKK joke! Impressive.

Good one!
And I’m from the South, too, so any joke would apply. :wink: Light kayak colors are important down here if you don’t want to broil while paddling. I was considering a nice darker red Night Hawk (yes, carbonlite), but decided to go for the lighter yellow.

I thought it was “white on rice”.

As it should be, Greyak
There is no humor in things like mob lynchings, holocaust, and 9/11. I can laugh about seemingly absurd or unusual things like the New Zealand Easterbunny Hunt v.s. the fuzzy bunny huggers. I can’t find even a chuckle in the debasing of humanity.

Taj

have you seen a lime green boat?
They’re blazing! You can see one a lot clearer than yellow. I know that’s not the green you were referring to, but I think DayGlo colors (artificially man made colors) are most visible due to the fact that we aren’t used to seeing such colors out in nature.

then monty python probably isn’t very
funny to you!

Some skits are,
some aren’t. Context and meaning have to be considered. While most of life is in shades of gray, some things are clearly black and white. Now, go bring me a shrubry.

Taj

shows fewer scratches
My perfect kayak finish is a fashion nightmare,yellow hull, light grey fordeck, then maybe a flourescent green aft deck. But I’d settle for a light grey aft deck with flourescent orange hatch cover.

Then you’ll really hate…
… this entirely tastless picture (but at least we can rest assured on of teh "K"s doesn’t stand for “kayak”):

http://community.webshots.com/photo/142553843/142554006GmdRKw