Widened Flashfire: Return to stock?

aah…the craftsman still does not have
a Colden Flash for himself…just chuckling…too busy making stuff for others…like the proverbial plumber whose house has leaky pipes.

Charlie, I am reminded of
an outfitter who used to be in Marlinton WV on the Greenbrier River. When flooding was predicted he would fill all of the display boats in his shop with PFDs and all the items he could fit. When the water came up all of his ships rose, so to speak.

Not to make light of your situation. Heres to hoping that things take a turn for the better.

Jim

CEW
may be heading by your way on Monday. Not my first choice, but I need to get to Sabattis Road, Whitney, Little Tupper and the other routes from the south all seem to be closed. :frowning:

My Flashfire has tracks for a pedestal.
It was Jill Stecker’s.

I suppose I could also try a pedestal in it also, if I could find one.

Interesting Choice

– Last Updated: May-01-11 7:49 PM EST –

To retain an idiosyncratic customer's spread format. What are the odds an individual customer knows more about hull design than the guy who drew the hull when that guy is David Yost??

Wider Flash
John,

I know of a couple of us taller guys who widened our Flash’s so we could move around in them better…especially transverse kneeling maneuvers.

Mikey

It’s already at that width.
No harm in playing with it that way before returning it to stock.

I certainly don’t know more about a boat’s design or intended use than the he who commissioned the hull or the designer of the hull.

I don’t have big chunks of time to work on boats, so I’ll just be doing it a step at a time.

In the small world category!
I just realized, I paddled that hull one year at La Lou down in Louisiana. The Steckers had completed Pat Moore’s Sport Canoe seminar and were there trying to get us to try hulls with pedestals et. al. I knew they had modified the Bells but did not get into specifics with them. Methinks I see Pat’s influence in their decision. Maybe make the Bells a bit more Reverie-like?

I do not know your intended usage but if it were me, I’d lose the pedestasl idea and return the hull to it’s original dimensions.

Pag

small world after all II
I paddled their Flash there too and compared it to mine…my memory is fuzzy but I felt less control with the pedestaled Flash…it seemed way turny compared with mine. I also had never used a pedestal…of course if you want something on a different plane than Lady Bug the widened Flash would do over the stock width.

It doesn’t have the pedestal seat,
just the tracks. The pedestal wasn’t included in the sale to me. It has a kneeling thwart, which I am replacing with a seat.