Wierd day on the water

uhh…huh huh huh huh…
That would be the Beavis/Buttheadesque laugh that was coming out of those two kids…who were probably well-smoked up.

My bro. slammed his hand in the car door (on the way out) and I hit the remote lock before I knew what happened. He’s standing there with a look of shock on his face and everyone else is yelling “UNLOCK THE DOOR!” I figured it out after a few seconds.

Hope your hand feels better soon…“not paddling” sucks!

I saw the airplane boat on TV
Pretty cool.

Must’ve been Dumb-Guys Day
Funny, I rarely have weird encounters on the water, though I’ve had some rude ones.

Yet yesterday my little group also ran into two guys who broke into guffaws as we paddled past their fishing boat. Since a friend and I were talking about maps, I doubt that was the reason for the laughter. The only thing I could think of that might’ve provoked their idiotic haw haws was the wife of the pair in the double kayak. She wore thin white gloves, I assume to avoid using sunblock. She was the closest person to them, and the most unusually dressed.

Hardly what I’d call reason for loud yuck-yucks, but then again these guys were probably rednecks AND drunk. Oh, wait…that’s a tautology.

Going to try again
Glad to hear I’m not the only one with some wierd experiences. That one gentlemen (forget where I saw the thread) who was so rudely and dangerously treated by the boater while he and his son were in the put-out… I really feel for him. At least I only got laughed at by two nuts; that guy could’ve been hurt!

Anyway, the swelling has subsided and now my hand is mostly just bruised pretty well. It’s a wonder it still functions. Fell down some stairs in college (no, I had not been drinking) with car keys in hand and sent my old Taurus key straight up through my palm. Always the left hand. Can’t figure it out. Gping to try a short paddle and see how she does. Not terribly windy here today. Going to take some ibuprofen and see what happens.

we’ve got a real one
Paddlewheel riverboat that is.

The Beresford Lady actually is propelled by side wheels.

Spring break
Try paddling during spring break. You get all kinds of comments and songs plus an eyefull.

Yeah
Ride a bicycle on the road and you’ll get some of that. Generally young males and they never seem to act a fool alone. The more there are together the dumber they get. Two heads are dumber than one.

…or…
…none of us is dumber than all of us…

;^)

got hit with a can once
Punks throw stuff at me every now and again.

I got hit with a can. Followed by lots of laugher and pointing.

Then a 1/2 mile later I caught them at a train crossing. The kids sitting in the back of the truck wouldn’t even look at me…Of course I was so angry that I was seeing spots and my ears were ringing so it was probably a good thing they pretended I wasn’t there. Had they said something smart I might have lost it.