Wildfire big enough?

Mohawk plant
Have a solo 14 from the TN factory. I picked mine up on the way home from vacation. so cant say how much shipping would cost you. but the service was great. its worth asking if any blemish hulls are in stock. could save some on the cost of the Canoe. downside is you would have little if any choice in color. But at the same time they would start as soon as your order was placed. when looking to order a Freedom Solo I was told by two difirent places(close to HOME) that I may have to wait a while due to how Mad river prefers to make and ship several canoes at a time.(Had to drive 200 miles to get one that was in stock)

You had Rx Wildfire/Yellowstone Solo,
not a composite Wildfire, correct.

Yes
Mike had a Royalex Yellowstone Solo/Wildfire.

Tripping in a Wildfire
I have tripped in the BWCAW in a wildfire with all my gear plus a steel woodstove and hot tent. 230 me and 70 lbs. No problem. I often trip in my Flashfire. The Wildfire can hold more than you want to paddle. Everyone has different expectations so what I like you may find disagreeable.

No.

– Last Updated: Jul-16-13 1:33 PM EST –

I'm about your size and owned a Wildfire Rx for about 2 weeks. I sold it because while it held the weight, it was very unresponsive with that load. Bigger canoes are both faster and easier to turn, as the Wildfire pretty much holds her stems in the water with a good load.

I'd look at a larger canoe.

Oh, and someone mentioned the Mad River Freedom Solo. I had one of those (guide) and it was a fantastic all-purpose solo. Very responsive, if not fast, and very comfortable/predictable. Highly recommended.

The question was about a WildFire
The Rx version is NOT a WildFire. The former does have a skegged stern. The latter has symmetric rocker.

The name confusion comes from licensing agreements, but the bottom line is the ABS version is quite unlike the composite. Its less turny (skegged stern) and slower for sure.