Wildfire Rebuild

“too large” for you? Shoot. After…
…observing you machinate a Malecite into poetic pirouette I’d imagine this Wild and lithe lady of the lake would likely tango and samba in partnership with your lead.

Now, as Conk mentions, dippin’ scuppers o’scoop to a sippy peril - why, that’s just Wild madness, left best to you Phillipe Petit tightrope tip-toe’n types.

A Free-fall-stylin’ admirer of the craft, and the craftsmen,

TW

Thanks
Took the Flashfire out for a brief paddle on a little flat water pond yesterday. I think this little boat is going to be a lot of fun.

Not gone, just relocated
The WildFire and FlashFire molds haven’t gone away. After a brief visit to Lake Placid they now reside in Colden New York.

Placid boatworks made and now Colden Canoe makes an improved version of Bell’s Black Gold laminate, infused to reduce voids and weight and with integral rails and foam sandwich thwarts to further lower weight and reduce maintenance.

In short, still available, lighter, stronger and better.

Finally Launched
I finally launched the “new” Wildfire on Tuesday evening. Lousy weather and my schedule conspired to keep her sitting in the shop, finished, for a couple of weeks. The boat was a pleasure to paddle and a fine addition to the fleet.

I’ll Likely bring it to Coopers Lake for the WPASCR is a few weeks.

previous owners
Just for the record, the hull in question was not the one acquired from Steve T. I still have that hull. It was a periwinkle glass and kevler hull that that been stored by its second owner outside for years until all the wood trim rotted off. I bought it and restored the wood trim. So, Marc you are the fourth owner. It was squashed by a tree in Hurricane Gustave and when the tree was removed it popped back into shape but had several wrinkles which delaminated all resin. I posted pics on Paddling.net afer the Hurricane and CEW was kind enough to send a repair kit and advice. I decided on a new Colden instead which is the WF mold anyhow.

It was my creekin hull and I spent many a happy hour in it. The restoration looks great! Enjoy