Willow or Eliza

Cetus LV
Would be another addition to the list of expedition length kayaks sized for the petite paddler.

Others such as the Impex Force 3 and North Shore Atlantic LV have already been mentioned.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

Visit Hyde Park while in Rhinebeck
As long as you’re coming to demo the Vela, stop in and see Marshall at The River Connection in Hyde Park. It is only a few minutes from Rhinebeck and worth your time. Marshall has a great stock of knowledge, experience, boats, and gear.

Atlantic Kayak Tours at Norrie is also near by and well worth a stop. We bought Celia’s Vela from Janice at AKT.

thanks
It means a lot. Thank you. I’m going to look at a Vela tomorrow so it may be a non-issue. Otherwise I was leaning toward the Eliza and you tipped me more.

sounding good!
stop in & see Marshall at the River Connection while you’re out that way (as suggesed by wilsonj above). He really is very savvy about boats and boat fit.

Plus he has the occasional gem hidden back there in the fleet '-)

I think he has an Impex Montauk, if he does, try it! Stable, fun, turns easily, tracks well - medium chine lets you do anything you’re up for. Dayboat or weeklong tripping. Impex build quality is very good and their customer service tremendous.

On that boat Impex copied/used the famed North Shore Shoreline hull as designed by Mike Nelson. Have the smaller version, the North Shore Shoreline Fuego, and she is a peach of a boat! Did my first rolls, balance brace, and first big water in the Fuego & she was absolutely fun and rock solid.

So if he has a Montauk be sure to try it… it’s a little longer at 16 feet, but w. enough rocker that the waterline is like 15’3" or less - so it’s very agile.

wow! an Impex Mystic

– Last Updated: Jun-17-10 11:44 AM EST –

on sale... OP pls. check your email.

beautifully proportioned for the small paddler. You are in the ideal size range.

I edited my post to send an email to you w. details.
Please check out that boat!

Glass Eliza
is the real deal. Poly is the “MBA” boat, which is fine, but it’s de-tuned to meet the “market”. It’s a top seller for Necky so they knew something.

The glass Eliza is an outstanding rough se kayak that is balanced in wind, surfs great, and is very efficient to paddle for smaller engines.

All good boats, so YOU decide and remember, all these opinions, including mine, may not match what your body tells you is right for you.

Pick a boat, be assured it’s fine, and go paddle it.