wind tolerance

indian key
May should be sublime for paddling here usually…little wind, little rain and warm temps. You just picked a bad year.

I haven’t paddled Indian Key yet but I have motor boated the area several times…it is quite shallow all around that tiny island. You have to go out a bit to get depth for snorkeling…and watch out for motor boats.

indian key
May should be sublime for paddling here usually…little wind, little rain and warm temps. You just picked a bad year.

I haven’t paddled Indian Key yet but I have motor boated the area several times…it is quite shallow all around that tiny island. You have to go out a bit to get depth for snorkeling…and watch out for motor boats.

I hate paddling in the wind
unless I bring my sea kayak. The canoes I have are just horrible in winds over 15knots. Really makes for a struggle. In winds like that, the sea kayak makes paddling fun.

No I have a Delphina by
Boreal Designs paddle. They are quite popular around here.

Kindred spirits
One day last year the local lake was blowing whitecaps, but not bad, and the only other folks out were the small-boat sailors. We waved and grinnned at each other. The folks sitting on their moorings were missing all the fun…