WS Phase 3 Seats Stink!

Try this …
Try this: http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3664545

Works on most types of outdoor/recreation gear. Use the method to spray it on or even soak the seat with a solution of a gallon or two of water with a cap full or two of this. Allow to sun dry.

Worked wonders on my old tent that smelled like campfire smoke, water shoes, wet suit, etc.

Yes i am going to try Mirazime
the rep said it may work but to dilute it.

Cockpit Cover
Just FYI, we do carry a mesh cockpit cover. Fits cockpits 34"-36" in length, 18" - 20" in width, adjustable bungee.

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2009&pdeptid=1762

Also, MiraZyme really works. I use it on fungy gloves and booties all the time.

Boat Safe,

-Clyde

NRS

Do you live where it’s humid?
I had a Tempest 165 for 5 years, and I never had to specially treat the seat. What I noticed is that if I left the cockpit cover on after paddling, the seat and thigh braces (all nylon-covered) would start to get a stink. So I made a habit of letting the insides dry before putting a cover on. That’s not hard to do in a semi-arid climate.

I suspect it’ll take more aggressive measures in humid places.

Whether you use Simple Solution (an enzyme-based pet odor cleaner) or similar fluid, plain soap (Dial bar soap) solution, laundry detergent, or maybe alcohol diluted with water, you’ll need to get the insides completely dry. And you’ll probably need to treat it at least a couple times, with complete drying in between.

That’s the only way I can remove neoprene stink from booties once it gets entrenched. It takes more than one cleaning cycle, AND the drying should incorporate lots of bright sunshine as well. The UV must kill some of the stink-starters. Another thing that helps is wind or a fan. I have taken to putting booties in front of a fan when daylight is too short to dry my booties. Even without any heat, the moving air does a good job of drying them.

Its humid moreso than where i lived
but it is PA - not so much sun and some humidity. I am guilty of the cockpit covers on at night right after paddling. We usually take them off once inside the garage to dry but again - we have a damp house in general - sump pump etc The worst was when they sat outside in the rain, covers on but damp from paddling days before and opening them up - arghhhhh I also notice our neoprene sprayskirts have their own distinct…odor.