Yet another mishap ending positive

Once again,
Everyone on this board is perfect. This must be the third or fourth time I have read an article where everyone ridicules a person. Here’s my thought, he made a mistake, which all of us have done. It just so happens his was bigger than most. SO WHAT, does that make him a terrible paddler?? maybe, maybe not… either way- it just gets so damn old listening to the same folks pass judgement so fast on others.

This is getting old…

– Last Updated: Aug-09-08 12:07 AM EST –

I agree. But I would appreciate it if you could point out to me where I ridiculed the guy in the story. You seem to have registered the same complaint on more than one post tonight.
I'll be darned if I can find where I was out of line. Except to sally with GK a bit, but that's different. :-)

This isn’t personal

– Last Updated: Aug-09-08 1:09 AM EST –

It is just my opinion in my words. I do dumb things and consider myself a dumbass when I realize it.

Doing something which is a recreational sport that risks the lives of others to rescue you isn't very smart. Suppose someone died rescuing you. How would you feel? How do you think that person's family would feel?

Paddlin' on
Richard

A weather postcript
NWS and TV film footage confirmed yesterday (And showed some really cool cellphone camera footage) that a waterspout occurred several towns down the shore from Guilford that afternoon.

Jellyfish invasions, rivers running at spring levels in August, and Waterspouts in CT, what next?

This sure has been one crazy weather year.