Zip-off pants

Thumbs up to zip offs!
Mountain khaki makes a fine pair.

NF
I pretty much live in the northface zip offs.

Coolest thing is all the funny looks you get if you just zip off one side and wear around town …

I’ve been
wearing the Kuhl Coyote convertible for several years…worn out several pairs. the zippers on each leg work opposite so that you can just half zip them and it vents, keeps the bugs off, and still protects from brush when backpacking. for canoe or kayak travel they allow having a short and a full length pant without packing two different pairs. I see they discontinued the coyote convertible…they have a new model…might be time to invest again:}

Best Wishes

Roy

Thanks
Wouldn’t you know, they don’t have my size!

Arg! Almost.

~~Chip

Kuhl Coyotes are da BOMB
Curious about a brand I was unfamiliar with, I found probably the last two pairs of the discontinued Kuhl Coyotes in my size on the net. At a ridiculously low price of $27 at LeftLane Sports, I had to buy both.

I’ve already concluded they are the best canoeing and general outdoor pants I’ve ever owned. In addition to the features others have mentioned, they dry amazingly fast for 67% cotton (because it’s on the outside); they breathe better than my all-nylon pants because of the fabric and because all pockets are venting mesh; and they have a gusseted crotch, articulated and double reinforced knees, two snap closures on the cuff, adjustable waist, and very high quality zippers, snaps and stitching. I will live in these year round.

The replacement Kuhl Liberators won Backpacker’s Editors Choice Award for 2012, but they are retailing for $90.

This thread has made me a happy canoe camper. Thanks to all!!!