Decked Oddity

I came across this while looking through some Kijiji ads a few minutes ago. What the heck is it? I’ve never seen anything like this before.

Kayak for smuggling those Canadian 12-packs of beer?

My guess: A separate seating area for those big 75 t0 100 lb. dogs that some people feel the need to take everywhere they go.

BOB

12-pack? I’m thinking you’d easily get a 24 in there plus ice!

It looks like there’s a logo just in front of the cockpit but the angles and resolution make it difficult to decipher.

As there is what appears to be a lid for the compartment; it may be a gear storage area?
May have a setup so the lid is secured atop the compartment with straps?

Bet it would be fun to try and pump water out of the compartment if it leaked, and you’re about 2 miles from shore.

BOB

“Watch this bubba”!!!

Looks like it was designed by an engineer. Practical yet ugly.

@thebob.com said:

“Watch this bubba”!!!

The perfect craft for a Chiwowo.

@DrowningDave said:

Never heard that one before, but definitely filing it away for future use. So true.

@willowleaf said:
Kayak for smuggling those Canadian 12-packs of beer?

One bale.

It’s the all new Ronco Carty-Yak! Stroke-for-stroke, the best yak attack soon to be not go’n these days!

“Fella’s gotta have lot of heart to haul off in that clog dancer!”

@Sparky961 said:

@DrowningDave said:

Never heard that one before, but definitely filing it away for future use. So true.

Yeah, like that Brooklyn Bridge, another functional but hideous item designed by an engineer…

@carldelo said:

@Sparky961 said:

@DrowningDave said:

Yeah, like that Brooklyn Bridge, another functional but hideous item designed by an engineer…

Or the Mighty Mac, designed by another engineer (Dr. David B. Steinman).

But you really don’t want to be driving a high profile vehicle when the winds are howling through the Straits of Mackinac as this could happen:

Mack-to-Mac
when winds attack,
which engineered one warrants 'big"?
For whenst comes derecho
thenst both just might show,
they’ve prone blown given up the jig!
(though first I imagine goes the rig)
(on this I thinkst ya can dig)

@Rookie said:
Or the Mighty Mac, designed by another engineer (Dr. David B. Steinman).

Why all the hate against hanging bridges? I think they are the most beautiful and majestic bridge type that ever existed.

But, well, I am an engineer, so perhaps my opinion just emphasizes what was said earlier in the thread…

@“Allan Olesen”

Just facetiousness in response to the original remark about engineers designing functional but not aesthetically pleasing projects. Bridges are beautiful.

I love them too but crossing the Wando River bridge at Charleston with a boat on a windy day gets my pulse elevated.I don’t think it’s a suspension bridge like the Cooper River but it is very tall .

__Bridges can be works of art and engineering marvels. This one by my home was made in 1820. The water underneath is not kayakable unless you’re Stewart Little but it’s still impressive.

@carldelo said:

Hey, come on, show me something better from the 1870’s! :o

It was the very first steel wire suspension bridge ever built and it was also the longest for quite a while. It’s neo-Gothic architectural style was simply a sign of the times. It’s construction techniques were revolutionary and Roebling designed it to be 6 times as strong as it needed to be, probably one of the reasons why it is still standing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Bridge

And thus we segue
in tangled paddlers’ net way
per the past and com lately I’ve checked,
to the beauty man’s wrought
engineered in bridged thought
streaming conscious past oddities decked.