$1000 seakayak

good boats for 240 lbs
• WS Tsunami 17

• Impex Assateague

• Eddyline Merlin XT

• CD Sirocco

finding any of these used for $1000 in the middle of nowhere? good luck

Location, location, location…
That is going to be the problem. I don’t understand why the gulf coast doesn’t have a bigger paddle following. Great fishing, lots of lakes, streams, rivers, swamps and the gulf to paddle. Oh well. I live where I live. The closest REI is 6 hours away. I will have to get something shipped and sent untested most likely. That is why I am counting on the opinions and advice of ya’ll. I really like the features and the way the Necky that was talked about earlier looked. I have never done a kit so I don’t know about that. What else do you guys think?

Shops aplenty !
http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=kayak&near=Pensacola,+FL&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title

Plus you could try the shop finder here on p-net. One comes up for Ocean Springs, Ms not too far from you.

S&G Kits…
…can give you a heck of a bang for your bucks. I build and paddle the VOLKSKAYAK, a 17’, 25" beam, 40 lb. sea kayak - fore and aft bulkheads, nice turn of speed, very stable and comfortable boat. Working from plans and materials (no kit), I allow about $500 Cdn and 60-80 hours labour for eack kayak.

There are any number of good S&G designs out there, and you can sometimes find a used S&G for about the cost of the materials - check the classified section on the board for some examples.

Wolf River
This is more like a guide. They rent and do shuttle service. I use them alot when I paddle the Wolf. Pero never opened back up after the storm. I took my first paddle lesson with them. There is a Massey’s performance in Baton Rouge that I am going to check out this weekend.

when’s your vacation?
maybe you could plan your vacation around a destination with lots of paddle shops and demo boats. Or go to a symposium. Just tossing out ideas …

Check out the Backpacker
They have a much better selection of boats and gear…and they are located about 200 feet from Masseys. I think their website is backpackerbr.com

are you from this area?

www.backpackerbr.com
this is going to be the best store in the area. I didn’t even know it existed. They have a Necky Eskia on DEMO!!! Thank you for bringing this store to me.

and check out the Necky Looksha V
on page 4

Didn’t Seakayaker Magazine just review that?

right on…

– Last Updated: Jan-03-07 7:46 PM EST –

I tried to send you an email about it earlier...I guess it didn't go through. You might also want to check out South Coast Kayaks @ http://www.southcoastkayaks.com/ I think they are located on the NorthShore and they sell NDK and Valley boats. They might have some demo or used boats. cheers -sogo

p.s. they have a looksha V on the floor which was onsale if I recall. It's a nice looking boat...I thought about buying it before I decided on a QCC700.

second and third the Tempest 170
For your size range, the best all around boat for what you want to do. I seriously recommend you test paddle one before making any decision.

Paul

go used
There are tons of used boats out there and you can usually pick up a decent boat for a better price.And you can usually turn around and sell it for close to what you got it for. I have not yet bought a new kayak

sogo
Are you from this area?