2 man tents

Gander mnt
Gander has a line of gear to.(guide series)at least thats the only place i have found them.

i baught a guid series jackrabit and love it. it is a four person but if only carrying frome car to camp site no bigg deal. the set up is so easy, even i had it up in 5 minutes.inside of it is big enough to stand up and lots of room for gear. and at only 100$ a very good price.

i have the timber line 4 and it is a good tent as well. easy roomy and can be packed easily for canoeing.

you get what you pay for
If you will be using your tent often, don’t focus on price. $200-300 dollars more for a tent that is rock solid in the wind, easy to set up and bug and waterproof is money well spent.

My personal favorite is a North Face Tadpole, which i have had for 17 years. I think it has been replaced by a new model, but I would certainly check out whatever their small 2 man tent is if ever in the market. However, I think this tent may outlast me.

tadpole is a heck of a tent
and is back in production. The newer model is a bit steeper at teh ridgeline so does not tend to pool on top. My wife was amazed when the tadpol stood up to some seriously sustained 40 mph winds in the 'dacks. In light conditions it can be set up with 4 stakes!

The REI half dome is not $300
…where did you come up with that fantasy…? I used a 20% off cupon…sale going on now…I have used the tent 3 years now and still like it very much…its a good deal…

Want very reasonable price? Try a
Coleman. Whatever tent you get, if your plan is to sleep two in the tent, then consider getting a three man tent instead of the two. If weight isn’t a consideration, the extra room will be appreciated.

Eureka domes from Campmor
I’m another big believer in Eureka quick set up dome tents. I’ve had 3 over the past 20 years, and my last 2 have come from Campmor.

Check out the Eureka Tetragon 7. It’s nominally a 3 person tent, that’s roomy enough for two not to feel claustraphobic, that packs into almost a 2 person-sized roll bag. We’ve had ours for years, and when space is at a premium, it’s what we use. (When packing space is not at a premium, but when interior tent space is the name of the game, as in camping at the beach, we much prefer the giant Equinox 6, as it fits 3 people and a table, and you can stand up in it.)

MSR Hubba
Got a very good review in Backpacker Mag. They really focus on weight though.

I understand about the 2-man tent
thing for one person…when my pard and I travel by aquatic vessels we each take a two man tent…My dog sleeps with me , he’s 45 lbs…I like my half dome cuz it weighs under 5lbs and it has 2 vestabules/2 doors is self standing with head room…I’m 6’ @ 200lbs…If weight wasn’t a concern for me I think I would go with a campfire tent http://www.frostriver.com/tents_tarps/campfire_tent.html

I have never tried one but they look like they would have plenty of room and be versatile…

Coleman 3 Man Tent for $60
As long as it is for fair weather, why not? I have 3-4 of them in the garage. Cheap and can be erected by one person

String, bigger folks like us…
I’m 6-3 and 210. The tents I have are listed as 4-person. To me this means 2 people and essential gear in the tent. I have a Eureka Timberline 4-person (if you are all cub scouts) that served me well. The only fault is no “bathtub or coated floor”. This tent kept me dry through torrential rains but the edges get wet due to the fly not covering completely. Ground cloth helped but I was not completely satisfied. I’ll sell it to you at a good price, if you’re interested email me.

I bought a Kelty Gunnison 4. Excellent tent at about $150 and through numerous trips and nasty weather has been stellar.

Hope this helps

Wes

soggy tent
I had an inexpensive tent years ago about $80 and good for 3 people not sure what kind, but I remember it sagged when it rained and everything inside had to be moved to the middle as the walls where soaked. How are the newer ones in the rain?

Give you this one for free
reimburse postage…

http://www.rabbitusa.com/images/Eureka/Military/LWExtremeWeatherShelter.jpg