2020 Census

Same here…

I am signed up to be an enumerator, and they are still going to try and do it. But the virus put a huge hole in things. I was supposed to be trained by mid-April and hit the streets for 20 hrs per week starting May 1 for a block of up to 8 weeks.

When this started my issue was trying to figure out how to artfully escape the last couple of weeks to head to the coast. My current issue is that it is so lagged that the time period will start when I am away. They do have a phone followup phase that perhaps will run into when I return, so I am saying yes and staying on the lists for the time being.

Unfortunately this will likely be a lousy census. Proportions may not be too bad depending on advocacy by groups on the ground in more challenged neighborhoods. But actual totals collected will be way off.

That is one perverse photo. Sort of a,

“I don’t know for sure, Mr. Ziegfeld, but I think our next show at Cypress Gardens will be fun for the whole nuclear age uncensored and censused family! A colorful melange of Captain Kirk and the Security Detail Boys (save for those three old left wing coots from the lithium crystal creative reclamation section, who we just threw in to appeal to the grandmothers in our audience that like vintage westerns with Jack Elam, Gabby Hayes and Walter Brennan) beam up with the Russian Lady Tank Mechanics Stunt Team! We’re still working out the details of how Don Ho’s little brother, Tualopo, fits in. Especially with that Bea Arthur pants suit we swiped from the Maude wardrobe department.”