3M Marine Color/Gloss Restorer

3M Marine Color/Gloss Restorer (09089), anybody else use this stuff? I had patched up a gelcoat chip and wet-sanded through 1200 grit. So I headed up to West Marine to overpay for some rubbing compound. The regular 3M Super Duty stuff was probably too aggressive, and the Finesse-It II was probably too fine. I didn’t want to buy both and work through them. I dunno, I may be wrong. So after talking to the associate for awhile, I came away thinking this 09089 was a good choice for the job.

Holy cow. It was FAST. Even doing the job by hand, I was blown away at how fast it went. It’s full of driers, I don’t think that it was just a wet-out effect, I soapy washed and then dried it and it looks the same. It seems perfect for finishing up a wet-sand job. Haven’t seen it mentioned, wondered if anyone else used it because I haven’t been that impressed by a product for awhile now. Or it’s some voodoo effect that will wear off. Time will tell, or a pnetter I’m hoping.

3M…
Thanks, good to know.

I haven’t used that particular product but have been very satisfied with other 3M boating products…