A most compact cart

More secure and road worthy than the Molly Cart of Yore (yeah, getting to Ren Faire season)

Fits 9” diameter hatch openings.

SeglaGear Compact Sea Kayak Trolley

https://vimeo.com/1012462531

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: [www.the-river-connection.com]
Store: [www.the-river-connection.us]
Email: marshall@the-river-connection.com
Facebook: [The River Connection, Inc. | Hyde Park NY]
Instagram: Instagram.com/marshall.seddon

1 Like

Tried the link. This was the result:

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

Privacy setting. Whoops. Now it should work.

Always interesting to see new carts…

Wheels don’t appear solid? Their instagram shows a metal cotter pin, but yours is plastic.

Bungee/shock cord (elastic line) will have to be replaced eventually and looks sorta complicated. Should take pics for when replacement needed. Line to prevent slippage would seem to demand non-stretch.

Attachment seems only for plastic kayaks or could damage some composites, esp if tight?

“Made with ASA (Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate), a plastic with good mechanical properties and resistance to UV rays.”

Nice but you’re having to pickup more weight because cart is right at the end of the kayak. Normally you only want cart a bit off center so the cart has 90% of the weight.

1 Like

Wheels are solid rubber. The bungee at the coaming clip is marine grade so for its limited exposure I don’t see it wearing in a hurry. The blue line that holds the kayak is 5mm static line. I found the whole affair to be quicker to install than a center mount type cart.

It seems to be an equal opportunity cart.

2 Likes

It’s definitely an end cart so no it’s not going to come anywhere off the sharp part of the stern or bow. Compact, functional and easy to use were the design goals

2 Likes

Quite interesting and wonderfully compact.

Neat little cart for situations where portability is the priority. I wonder what the plastic axle clips in the video are called? Sort of a C-Clip with a center pin. Those could be handy for other carts but I couldn’t find anything similar online.

First time I’ve ever seen them. They might be proprietary. I’ll ask.

Clever. I use this one. It’s quite stable but the Segla is clearly more compact.

Off topic: how do I get permission for “Renegades” on my videos? Is there a licensing fee?

iMovie allowed me to use it from My Music. Dunno.

1 Like