A souvenir of earlier days on p.net

And here’s a souvenir of the first gathering of what later became the Ozark Rendezvous:

That was back when everyone was kidding each other about IPONA (Inland Pirates of North America - spiritboat would have fit right in with his Jolly Rodger) It was held on the Edisto River near where TexasLady was to attend a conference for her business.
From left to right: wgiven (Black Walter), TripS, TexasLady, CM, PJC, and kneeling Swedge. I think that was in '02.

1 Like

Here’s another from the first Wisconsin River 'vous:

From left rear to right:
GuideboatGuy, me, Durangoski, PuffinGin, DuluthMoose, WildernessWeb, OzarkGal, Tom, Yooperchic and daughter Emily, Donna and PTBkayaker, rhow (down and right to left)Pat2, vic, arlen, HappyCamper’s sister (forgot name), HappyCamper and husband John.

I don’t know how I missed that gathering since it was on my favorite river. Swedge and I paddled together several times, often with Tripp, but it’s been years.
Tripp died in his sleep of a heart attack a few years ago and I’ve lost track of Swedge.

Thanks for a quick ride down memory lane. Recognizable names, some I interacted with more than others. Always appreciated GuideboatGuy as a voice of reason (especially when I went particularly ballistic one time with an PNet bully who evidently lived in a neighboring state and worked in Boston). GuideboatGuy talked me down back channel. Haven’t seen him in awhile.

sing

Haven’t seen much of TexasLady since she moved from Dallas to the Beaumont area. Probably been 10 years.