absolutely the wrong size

I’m moving up in volume
I’ve been paddling a T170 that I picked up this summer - it feels really good after jamming my long frame into a Greenland SOF. The Tempest actually has room for my feet - with winter mukluks on, even! I’m not a great Greenland roller, but the few I can do work just fine in the Tempest.

Alan (6’4" and 195#)

I would like to cut 10 or 20 pounds
from my size, but cookies keep getting in the way

Depends whether it’s negative or slide
Better to have a slightly underexposed slide than overexposed.

It’s the opposite for negatives.

Has to do with density.

Keep intended uses in mind
I bought a T165 (without demo’ing one!) and am much smaller than you, yet still consider it a good fit. But I use it for everything, including camping trips. It was a bit of a surprise to find that it didn’t feel barge-y for unloaded daytripping. Which is why I like it so much: I’ll never worry that I “should have taken the other boat” when I use the T165.

packability
I recently packed my OI with all my camping gear to include hennessy hammock, go lite den 2 tent, sleeping bag, cook bag with gas stove and cookset, utensils, 3 days of dried foods and coffee, crazy creek chair, camp stool, 2 tarps, and other miscellaneous stuff and had at least half the boat storage left over.

for a river with rocks that I can camp on, the T165 will do just fine. couple of katadyn filters and I am able to bring the barcalounger! the Tempest 165 for what it is,:a capable surf and sea kayak, maneuverable and predictable, for the most part indestructible, and easily used as a training boat for both rolling and blade control, is one of the best all round boats out there. And it is a good complement to my fleet.

Now I just need to shut up and get one. :slight_smile:

Paul

How many consumers using slides
really.

Slides are truth…
I don’t shoot them any longer, for that matter I don’t use film now… and have sold my film cameras.

Still not good to overexpose digital. Think white boats and birds.

Gotta love Photoshop…