Adaptive paddling awareness trip

Project Paddle ME

Maine Island Trail Paddle - Summer 2007

A 350 mile paddle from Cape Porpoise to Machias bay, Maine, to raise awareness about adaptive paddling for people with physical disabilities.

Starting out in Cape Porpoise, Maine on June 23rd, I will start the 350 mile paddle to Machias Bay. This trip, called Project Paddle ME, is a trip to raise awareness and funding for Maine Handicapped Skiing and their adaptive paddling programs.

Maine Handicapped Skiing is a well-known established non-profit that is celebrating its 25th anniversary. Known primarily for their very successful winter adaptive skiing programs, MHS created a summer program a few years ago that offers paddling, cycling, golf and river trips.

Throughout the trip, I will be joined by many other paddlers, volunteers, adaptive paddlers and friends to help support MHS and their creation of more opportunities for people with disabilities. There are several adaptive events already planned and there are more in the works.

For more information about Project Paddle ME or to find out how to get involved, check out the website, www.projectpaddleme.com. To learn more about Maine Handicapped Skiing you can check out www.skimhs.org. If you are interested in helping to support the project, check out the website or contact Karyn at rocksplatter@yahoo.com. With your help we can give everyone the chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors!

There will be lots of updates throughout the trip on

www.projectpaddleme.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Karyn