Adding sites to launch map

How do people feel about adding sites to the launch-site map? I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I appreciate knowing about places I might not have known about and reading people’s comments on the sites.

On the other hand, I’ve noticed a huge increase in paddlers on some ponds and lakes that used to be quite quiet. Of course, this is partly due to the increase in the popularity of kayaking. But I wonder about the wisdom of attracting even more people to these places by publishing glowing reports of them. In some areas there is very little wilderness left.

Can’t have my cake and eat it too, of course. Thoughts?

I’m leary of it
Maybe Dicks should pass out a local guide book with ever kayak purchase

I have posted launch sites
I have posted a few launch sites. I think its nice to be able to provide for others not familiar with the area on were to launch.

Iam going to go to Georgian Bay up in Canada this summer but there aren’t many launch sites posted for that area here. Still going just making it harder to figure out were to launch from. I did buy a book on Georgian Bay which helped alot. Seems kind selfish to hide a good launch site. Is it really that busy were you paddle?

They name one way streets after…

– Last Updated: Apr-10-13 4:36 PM EST –

people like you!

It never occurred to you to help a fellow paddler.

I have and always will share any launches I have with another paddler

Guy

Haven’t seen any increase.
I’ve posted a number of launch sites, but I’m still the Lone Ranger most of the time. It seems that most paddlers around here are looking for little sloughs and far off little lakes. They seem to be intimidated by big ships, big waves and big smelly water mammals.

I’ve posted a lot of launch sites
Just trying to open a discussion here.

You’re getting abusive again and I still have no idea who the heck you are and what you’re upset about. What is it, exactly?