Adirondack FreeStyle Symposium

I haven’t seen much chatter lately about the Adirondack Freestyle Symposium but it is quickly sneaking up on us.

In order to avoid a late registration fee, registrations must be in by June 15th. With the expanded format this year, it should make for a fine vacation with the added bonus of great instruction, lots of social time, trips, great food etc.

Check the FreeStyle website, www.freestylecanoeing.com for more information and registration forms.

Marc Ornstein

P.S. For those who don’t know, it is being run by C.E. Wilson himself.

just want to add its far more than FS
there are guided day trip options in the St Regis Canoe Area and forward stroke workshops incorporating principles of North American Touring Technique for those sitting and using bents or kneeling and traveling upwind with straight shaft paddles.

Its almost a whole week event and you can come and go as you wish.

AFS is a great canoe event…
regardless of where you stand in terms of experience, there’s always something one can take away from AFS which will inprove paddling enjoyment. After 40+ years on the water I came home with good stuff last year. CEW is good about letting folks pick his brain and its chock full of technique, history, and hull and paddle design. The Adirondacks are always nice this time of year anyhooo. See ya there.

Pag

Not that it matters, but I’m envious…
… of all who will attend. This is the kind of thing I would love to do if it were a whole lot closer. The more magical canoe-paddling becomes for me, the more I want to see what the paddling gurus can do.

Got shafted fer de 5th year in a row
kin’na git off fro’ woyk dat time agin’…

…rats!

FE

Its too early to tell if it will come to
pass but some of the instructors are trying to organize something out your way. The closest we have to you is Ohio and that is a long drive too.

Nice to know
I understand that all this “fancy canoeing stuff” isn’t exactly the rage all over the country, and if large numbers of young people don’t do it, it can’t possibly be “cool”. It’s easy to see why there are not many of these events, but if someone succeeded in organizing one in this area, that’d be nice.