Adventure Technology Paddle Stuck Togeth

Salt crystals
Not sure it matters if the issue is minerals in evaporated sea water.

If I Only Did That
My San Juan take apart would not have lasted all these 27 years. I just shot the spring-steel button with inox Lanox spray lubricant and is still strong as when new - no rust too. Werner also recommends using vinyl ester resin for repairs. Well good luck! Ever try buying a small quantity of that resin? Only sold in large quantities. Can’t beat the small epoxy packets at West Marine for repairs to my blade, especially when they go soft around the edges. Unfortunately, Werner doesn’t make San Juans anymore, which are the best cruising paddle I ever owned for open ocean paddling. Can’t beat it too, if you prefer the comfortable low angle stroke.

ps: You might call Go Bananas in Hawaii and see if they got any in stock?

I once tried drying towels outdoors
during the winter. They froze first. Need sun and wind and it takes forever. But oh, what a wonderful fresh scent!

I now use a mitten tree for shoes, socks and gloves. Works pretty well in the summer and extremely well in the winter when it’s near the wood stove.

A sprayskirt dries nicely draped over a large stability ball. Sort of a synthetic sculpture.

Werner

– Last Updated: Sep-14-16 10:11 PM EST –

Is the AP a Verner ?

It's stuck. Hey give us some slack wudja.

Yeah, I have 3 verners (on sale) n lubed the Camaro then aghast read the instructions.

I ran into the garage, grabbed the Camo as n headed to the Palmolive n North Carolina Mtn water...

But seriously, a verner disintegrates from mild n needed cleaning ? Itsnot like FL or CRC's brief contact compares to soaking in Blaster, Gunk or brake cleaners

I hesitate using CRC Electronics cleaner with acetic acid ? yet overspray onto hand does not abrade skin or kidneys.

Maybe PB BLANK is up for cutting a Verner carbon shafts into sections then soaking in 5-6 bottles spectrumed with cleaners

FL is overkill. CRC Silicone n hairdryer should do it. I spray CRC on lugs before using the impactor or or 2'bar.

FL is just exquisite on brake n shifter cable housing ends. MIRABLE! Lube at ends solids up while beyond stays fluid. So a dribble of FL is preventive maint for the weekends long ride.

Confirmation
If you paddle in the ocean, you can easily confirm that a big issue is salt crystals. Wet your thumb, place it on the paddle joint and do a quick taste test.

A really good rinse, including the INSIDE , should solve this problem. I fail to see the need for a lubricant.

Lubricate To Prevent Corrosion
To metal parts, like the spring steel button that usually fails at the worst time, and the micro size screw, nut and thread for my Onno Lever Lock paddles.

The tolerances for 2 piece paddles are very close and dry lubricants do help make adjustments to length or feather angle out in the ocean smoother, especially in heavy chop.

The manufacturer agrees.
http://www.atpaddles.com/us/experience/faq/content/care-maintenance