I am in a market for a family Kayak. Me, my wife and 2 kids (5 and 8) totalling 400lbs… Having read just about every single article on Internet, it is pretty clear either StraitEdge II or AdvancedFrame would be the best choice for us.
Here is the purpose and I would like to hear your opinion.
- 90% of time we will be using it to cruise around the lake at National Park such as Glacier National Park)
- We will be only using it in a good weather. (sunny 60-80s)
- We will be traveling no more than 1 mile from the shore.
- Very unlikely used in rivers
- May use it in a calm bay around Puget Sound and Baja
- Wont use Spray skirt
- Won’t carry camping equiptment stuff. possibly one bag w/snack, camera, towel and such.
With the upcoming REI sales, I would like to hear the expert’s opinion.
Thanks in advance.