advise please...foot rest improvement

greyak, copper stop sleeve???
what size? if you can remember I’ll order it tonight and get it on the way, might get here in the vicinity of the trim kit…then I can give you a call and begin surgery…that is after staring at it for a while…you never commented on the small alligator?

I used to live in Avon Park Florida and had a baby alligator yearly, i remember feeding them with raw hamburger pushed down their throats with the eraser end of a pencil.

greyak
just saw the comment on making holes in other boats…i understand,after Sweetwater I will still have a week to kill, maybe ater the symposium we could hook up for some QCC surgery? i’m bringing the little RV so can hang out about anywhere

I wish yanoer could read this.
He is struggling with some really cheebie footpegs.

1/16IN
Stop Sleeves, 1/16IN Copper, Model number 2684256, mfg part number K0754-0001-W

The size refers to the inside hole diameter. They come 4 in a pack.

OK greyak
copper stops are ordered and grabbed a new radio while there…anything else needed, you mentioned crimping tool, any one particularly good for the job intended?

TrippS
forgot to thank you for the link! i already ordered from Rutabaga, fingers crossed there.

Can’t find mine
So can’t say. It was intended for use making wire fishing leaders (big offshore stuff). Think it was around $15.

Something like this:

http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/220000/227000/227004/products/13742036.jpg

Anything that leverage to compress the sleeve on to the cable should work. Heavy duty pliers may work - might need to use ones with a cutter and crimp in an X pattern.

DaveM, thanks for saying that …

greyak, question on a pic
the pic entitled ‘cablerun1’ for some reason i cannot blow up, e.g. load by clicking on it ( i can load ‘interior control’ and ‘cable run2’…anyway in in pic ‘interior control’ you see the 2 lines/cables.

the top cable is thin, the bottom thick, i am assuming the bottom thick cable is thick because it is inside a cable housing?

OK, the thin cable above, does it stop at the opening in the bulkhead? remember the only pic i get of ‘cablerun1’ is the little pic and i cant make out but one cable in that pic…

Yep i’m trying to figure it out before the parts get here.

Your welcome!!
Good luck with Rutabega…I tried about three weeks ago and they called me at work and told me they were having a hard time getting any kind of Sealine parts and didn’t have the trim tab. They did have the foil skeg blade and a repair kit which I ordered to have just for replacement parts.

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that Austin Canoe and Kayak still has the trim tabs available.

TrippS

Only one cable
There is only one cable - inside the sheathing from skeg box to control box (only one cable needed with spring loaded skeg).

The bare piece of cable you see is just the tail end sticking out of the control housing after it makes the turn around the pulley inside.

It helps to leave this tail on for taking apart/putting together. Wrap a little electrical tape around the cut end to keep it from unraveling and poking you.

BTW - the cable that comes with the system has a stop on it in the middle that fits into a notch on the pulley wheel - use it as intended.

Other uses for electrical tape: Wrapping the sheath tube where it enters the skeg box (new tube is thinner than old) and covering left over small hole on the seam. You may also want to add a dab of goop or similar sealant where the tube pases trough the bulkhead as again, the new tube is smaller than the old.

Tripps
you were right and i should have read all the post a little closer, so i have also been denied by rutabaga and am hoping the site you pointed out has the goods…