AE AdvancedFrame

I’m thinking of buying an Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame. Anyone have any comments?

I considered one, but…
…ended up going with an innova Helios.

For the best discussion of inflatables, see http://www.theboatpeople.com/faqs.html

Try before you buy
If there is some way you can try one before you buy it and then compare it to other folding craft that would be a safe thing to do… time well spent rather than money carelessly spent. I speak from experience.

Write down all that you are expecting from your boat and the top limit that you want to spend THEN go shopping.

Good luck.

Buying a second one…
I’ve had mine for several months now and I love it. I’m 5’8" and 190lbs and it fits me well and is extremely comfortable. Very stable and tracks very well for a 10’5" boat. Just took it last weekend on an 18 mile trip on the Upper Delaware and was very happy.

At the class II rapids at Skinners Falls 6 out of 18 boats in our group dumped. As I was helping retrieve stray paddles below the rapids, a NPS ranger who was helping capsized paddlers get to shore called over to me with a smile, “I knew you wouldn’t dump! I have that boat myself and I love it!”

It was an unsolicited endorsement that I really appreciated.

My daughter tried it for about a mile (before I insisted she give it back) and is now pressuring me into getting her one also.

I agree with MrKen’s advice. Check it out firsthand before you buy. My own experience with the Airframe has been very positive and I’ll definitely be buying one for my daughter.