Air Travel with Sea Kayak

What is the current status of air travel with a sea kayak? Which airlines are kayak friendly? And what is the best way to get up to date info on this subject? Thank you in advance.

ingenuity
’kayak, No mam, that’s a set of golf clubs…’

I say it’s a tent
Southwest does not care and lets it go.

my suggestion…
How big is the kayak? Are you talking about a folder?

My suggestion - life is much, much easier and less expensive if you ground ship your stuff rather than trying to fly w/ it. The airline fees will kill you these days.

For the AL trip, I shipped everything (camping gear, folder, paddles, etc) by DHL ground and it arrived in plenty of time. I shudder to think of the airport hassles with it. It can be done - don’t get me wrong - but it’s a hassle and more expen$ive if you take it on the plane.

On the return, we dropped by DHL again on the way to the airport and dropped it off. 10-minutes and we were done. That was on a Tuesday and the stuff arrived on Friday. Simple.

Ship from USA to EUROPE
Does anybody know how much cost shipping a kayak to Europe from USA? Obiously I think cheapest way would be by ship.

Thank you

Answer> surfeando_jaws@yahoo.es

Specifically, what kind of sea kayak?
Dogmaticus

Rent When You Get There

– Last Updated: Jul-15-08 12:52 PM EST –

But then I am a SOT boater anyway, so I am more than happy to rent a Scupper Pro or Malibu when I get to where I am going.

Good kayak destinations usually have rental places. I did an exploration trip up to Mendocino coast last year in the van, and had no problem hooking up.

Same thing when I went to Baja