American made paddling clothing.

Deeper?
How deep do you need to get here? It’s loyalty to the most immediate group that you are a part of. Until the inhabitants (and leaders) of this beautiful sphere that we are all a part of give up their borders, and competing political philosophies and competitive economic models, loyalty to the most immediate group is my choice. If you feel a need to support a different group than the US, go for it. I hope you or someone you care about doesn’t lose their job to some Indian or Chinese company that your position is outsourced to because you chose to spend your money there. Or maybe that is exactly what should happen, then perhaps you’d understand the reasoning here. But I suspect not. Que sera, sera.

Ah, now I get it . . . sort of
"It’s loyalty to the most immediate group that you are a part of."

Still curious about something, though. You’re a part of all of these groups:

family

town

state

country

continent

hemisphere

planet earth

universe

Your most immediate group is your family. Why do you draw a line below “country” and say your loyalty stops there?

You seem to think I’m challenging you. I’m only trying to educate myself about why people feel a certain way. I’m curious about what people feel connected to and what they do not feel connected to. Very important question, as it sets the stage for international relations (political, economic, social, environmental).

I have a cross-over clothing idea
There is a company that makes cycling clothing called Aerotech Designs. http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/

Most of what they sell is manufactured in the USA. Now, as long as you’re not looking for dry suits or other completely waterproof clothing, there are a lot of cycling garments that will do double duty as paddling clothing. Many cycling garments are made with waterproof/windproof barriers that will work equally well in light conditions use on the water. Other cycling garments like wind pants, tights, etc. are all made from wicking, quick-drying fabrics, so also appropriate for more lighter duty paddle sports. I am an avid cyclist and bike commuter as well as a paddler. I’ve been steadily building up my own cycling gear with an eye towards getting things where possible that can do double duty both on the bike and in the boat. Check out Aerotech - like I said, most of their stuff is made in the USA and they prominently show which items are made in the USA versus ones that they sell that are from overseas.

Stohlquist EZ Drysuit
Made in Alamosa, CO.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com