an especially good day

Zoey likes canoeing and she likes sticks and she likes to pull vines out of trees and she really likes pulling sticks out of the river. Today she found vines hanging down right into the river.

@TomL said:
Zoey likes canoeing and she likes sticks and she likes to pull vines out of trees and she really likes pulling sticks out of the river. Today she found vines hanging down right into the river.

What more could a girl want?

Dogs sure have a love of life!

Well, not as fun as a bird but it’ll do.

@castoff said:
Dogs sure have a love of lifey>

That’s why you need one .

Great place and companion to get away from the noise of the world.

@castoff said:
Dogs sure have a love of life!
I think they can be ideal paddling partners…happy to be out on an adventure and just taking in nature. It’s also kind of nice for me to have the benefit of her exceptional senses.
@Celia said:
Well, not as fun as a bird but it’ll do.
You can have both. But if you have 5 or more cats that’s a problem.
@Rookie said:
Great place and companion to get away from the noise of the world.
This is the section of river that I can access with a canoe cart and it’s worth the extra effort to get to it. I got a cart just like yours and it is ready to go and I’m looking forward to trying it. Right now it’s raining.

Send some of that rain up here, Tom. We were just moved into severe drought status. The forests are thirsty.

Looking forward to how your cart works for you. Am betting it will get an A+.

A good day is one where you can paddle!
I had an awesome day today and hope ever pcomnner has one too

TomL. I was talking about the stick. Am l not seeing right that Zoey is a bird dog of some sort?

@Celia said:
TomL. I was talking about the stick. Am l not seeing right that Zoey is a bird dog of some sort?
Now I get it. Zoey is mostly coonhound and according to her DNA summary coonhounds are made to hunt raccoons, bear and cougar. Hunters use packs of them to tree animals and then shoot them. So Zoey barks aggressively and charges people and animals in the hope that they will climb a tree, and I bet you would climb a tree if 5 of these were after you. She does love to charge turkey and make them fly. But she’s never hurt another creature and even when she caught up to a squirrel she just sniffed it. She likes to bump toads with her nose to make them jump.

OK, that fooled me. I would not usually associate that coat with a coonhound, though the body is right.

OOOOOOOOOO!

@Celia said:
OK, that fooled me. I would not usually associate that coat with a coonhound, though the body is right.
My,wife’s brother is a vet so we got DNA testing for xmas. 50% coonhound (her father was pure blue tick going back 3 generations…and a troublemaker I am sure), 25% American standard terrier and you can see the terrier stripe between her eyes, and 25% yellow lab. You are totally right in that real blue ticks are bluer. My wife got Zoey free at The Longest Yard Sale in Kentucky. I wanted to call her Psycho.

Well, coonhounds are not advised for anyone with too sedentary a life style. Great dogs if you keep them engaged, they will love you forever.

Sounds like some people I hear from almost every day.