An inspirational paddling story....

I just came across a rather inspirational story about a fellow who pursued his love for paddling…despite losing the functioning in his legs. One of those sharings that keeps life is perspective…

http://www.stillmevoyage.com/

Bob

God Bless
that man-what an incredible story.

He’s right, those of us who are perfectly able bodied make so many excuses for NOT doing things. For not getting out there and living!

One of the things I love about this message board is that the folks here really do go out and experience what nature has to offer. Then we come in and share that experience with others via the net. Its great to see this man’s story-puts a whole new perspective on that outdoors experience.

Life is such an interesting journey.

-tab

What a trip!
What a man. What a journey.

SO TRUE…
You are so right Bob. Keeping ones perspective is an important part of leading a happy and fulfilling life. I have a feeling a lot of us need more reminders such as this. Know I do. It is too easy to take all the good things for granted. Thanks for posting the link.

A fantastic journey!
One that many of us can only dream of!!! Congrats to him!!!

I just heard about another similar case
And I am not sure why he did not mention it on P-net, but I will do so for him.

One of our favorite P-netters form the sunshine state, (Frank from Miami) recently introduced a women who developed a leg disability and could not participate in any of her favorite activities to our wonderful world of paddling.

It has opened up a whole new world for her, and from my understanding she is acting like a kid in a candy shop.

I for one think the paddling gods are quite happy with her new found outlet, but even more so with the guy who introduced her to it.

Thanks Frank,

Cheers,

JackL

Thanks!
I could go into a mini novel on the personal side of this…I’ll simply say: I bookmarked it.