Anas Acuta

Highly manuverable kayaks
are very rewarding to paddle because they respond so well to your paddle strokes but in strong winds they need some sort of skeg to make them enjoyable to paddle. You can either have a drop down skeg installed or just install a perpenant skeg along the keeline. I can’t believe that kayak didn’t come with a skeg.

Response
Thank you all for your help. It sounds like I need more help in technique(Software) than with (Hardware) skeg/rudder.

I Already Replied…
to an email whether I wanted to buy. It was a joke. As much as the AA is a nice boat, in my opinion, I have no interest in getting another boat when four longs boats sit on the rack largely unused.

So, If he sells, you all will have a shot at it. :wink:

sing

hey sing-i thought that
you were done buying boats…

oh no call an intevention meeting quick!!!sing has suffered a relapse!!!

What you have

– Last Updated: Sep-19-06 2:25 PM EST –

got is the Sea kayaking equal of something like the '64 Triumph TR4. Not fast and furious but a piece of raw wave hugging art. Look at one, it just dares you to get in. Real, nothing new, nothing fancey. Just a pure wave eating machine with the right driver. Turns by telepathy, which is deffinately a two edged sword, no better long boat in the surf. Be prepared to learn gelcoat repaire! And get plenty of quality training before you try and make it fly.
Gary
Anas Acuta
Tourquoise/Black w/gold
many new scratches and missing chunks of gelcoat
Carmody and Maynard Rock!

Mayhem with Maynard?
“Gary

Anas Acuta

Tourquoise/Black w/gold

many new scratches and missing chunks of gelcoat

Carmody and Maynard Rock!”

Sounds as if you got the Mayhem with Maynard T-Shirt the hard way…or was that the easy way?

Either way, how have you outfitted the cockpit of the beast?

So far it seems to me the stock backband has to go and a decent foam masik put under the foredeck.

Telepathy is right. To me, if you wait for the AA to start turning before ending a correction, you have already corrected too long.

Kinda sorta
Unfortunately I had to leave unexpetedly Sunday night (At least I got a lobster, I hear Dave was trying to get rid of extras!). So no shirt or Tidal Currents w/ Steve, Danny, and Lamar for me!

However, rocks and ledges with Steve and John on Sunday more than made up for it! Dan’s photo’s don’t come close to doing the day justice (and nice new ding out of Dan’s bow, too!).

Anyway, first thing I did to the boat was cut out the seat and replace it with foam. Got sick of the backband after the Burlington Symposium and in a chunk of foam, much better, also some foam under the fordeck, sorta like a masik.

And yeah, you just gotta remember that you’re gonna get a much “tighter” turn, so just come up off edge sooner, and the turn stops way quicker than other boats. Very crisp. John Carmody tought me that when I was struggling with some stuff.

Rocks on Sunday
I was doing Forward Stroke on Sunday so missed the fun, but Jim was in the Sunday Rock Garden group. He mentioned an Anas that got pretty caught in the surf and rocks…

What’s a really great kayak?
The Anas Acuta.

Augustus Dogmaticus

MMVI

My hat’s (helmet?) off to you.

– Last Updated: Sep-20-06 2:10 AM EST –

We missed you Monday at Mayhem with Maynard. A few of us were worried that you woke really feeling the effects of being ringered in the rocks.

It was the scariest thing I saw at the symposium - both you and your Anas caught up there. You calmness as your fingers bled on the foredeck was impressive.

I hope when something similar happens to me, that I stay as collected you were that day.

You earned your 'Mayhem with Maynard' shirt without even having to attend Monday's session.

And you're right Dan's photos only hint at the day Sunday ;-)